Missing applications

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by umzyi, Jun 28, 2014.

1. umzyi macrumors regular

umzyi

Hi everyone, I just need a bit of help and your experience on this.

Every time I used to reinstall mavericks from scratch (fresh install), pages, numbers, keynote, garageband, iMovie and iPhoto used to installed by default.

today, I reinstalled my mavericks from a fresh install. I noticed that once I logged in for the first time, these apps were not installed and instead asked me to install them from app store, even iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband.

Has anybody experienced this? Has Apple recently changed this? Or Am I missing anything?

Even looking at the OSX Mavericks link on Apple websites shows those apps by default, that these should be installed by default.

Your help and time is much appreciated!!

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

That is normal, even when Pages and Keynote and Numbers where not included for free with a new Mac and only iLife was, and the OS had to be reinstalled via CD or DVD, iLife was always on the second CD or DVD and never on the OS CD or DVD.
    If you have to reinstall OS X 10.9 Mavericks that often and do not want to be bothered with downloading iLife and iWork all the time, make a backup. Either of the apps individually or a clone of a pristine state of the OS or use Time Machine.

3. chrfr macrumors 603

No, these applications were never part of the base Mavericks installation.

This is normal.

4. yjchua95, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014

yjchua95 macrumors 604

In a new Mac, iWork (Keynote, Numbers and Pages) and iLife (iPhoto, GarageBand and iMovie) are bundled.

However, if you wish to clean-install Mavericks, iWork and iLife aren't part of the OS and hence isn't bundled in the OS.

5. umzyi thread starter macrumors regular

umzyi

Thanks everyone for the input and the clarification :)