Missing Apps and Icons in Snow Leopard!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by quintonmoran, Jul 2, 2010.

1. quintonmoran macrumors newbie

quintonmoran

This started about a month ago, the icons on my doc started disappearing and appearing rotating between apps. Then it finally stopped on Firefox IMovie Terminal System Preferences and text edit. Then the apps started disappearing Ones I have found missing so far are dictionary and calculator. If anyone has any info on this I would really appreciate it. I am very experienced with computers so don't be afraid to talk in High Tech Terms. Screenshot of my dock attached.

Attached Files:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Are those applications only missing from the Dock or also your Applications folder?

Does anyone else have physical access to your Mac (directly or indirectly via LAN)?

3. celticpride678

Can you drag the icon out of the dock and from the Applications folder, drag it back?

4. quintonmoran thread starter macrumors newbie

quintonmoran

The apps are missing icons in applications folder

I booted into a Mac utites disc and got this error when I tried to repair the permissions /bin/sh: Command not found

5. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

'?' mark icons?

I've had a problem when using root user and (as an admin-not in root user) moving some applications around so it can't find the icons for them. They all appeared as question marks. I would say to check that the application icon is where it's meant to be-where ever that is... Don't know about the rotating icons though.......