Missing Apps In Itunes After Format

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintsbabylove, Apr 8, 2011.

1. saintsbabylove macrumors member

saintsbabylove

I just had to reformate my computer and reinstalled windows and I had to reinstall iTunes. Only the apps on my phone are showing up in itunes..any advice to get all my previous apps back and not lose my photos or music on my phone now?

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

3. saintsbabylove thread starter macrumors member

saintsbabylove

when I go to authorize my computer, it keeps popping up someone else's e-mail and password so I put mine in, but now it still hasn't transferred all of my apps over. It looks like it has transferred only my apps that are currently on my phone, but no others.

4. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If they are your apps you can download them again for free.

Are you using YOUR computer? You do not want to be doing a sync with someone else's computer who owns a iPhone. That would make a MESS:eek:

6. saintsbabylove thread starter macrumors member

saintsbabylove

yes I am using my own computer. I was having a few problems with my computer and we had to reformat it and can't find the recover disc so I installed itunes again, and now itunes is only recognizing the apps already on my phone and not the ones that I have on my computer also but not using.

7. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

did you authorize iTunes for your iTunes store account(s) following the reinstallation ?

8. saintsbabylove thread starter macrumors member

saintsbabylove

yes I did.

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

If you didn't back up your iTunes folder in Windows before formatting, any app that isn't on your phone is gone. You'll need to redownload the ones that aren't on your phone.