Missing apps you had in Categories after 2.2 update? Read this!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JRomero, Nov 23, 2008.

1. JRomero macrumors regular

JRomero

Here is a solution to make all of your apps visible again if you had them in Categories folders and they've gone missing after the 2.2 update:

1. Go to your Settings
    2. Go to "General"
    3. Go to "Restrictions"
    4. Enable Restrictions
    5. Enter in a passcode and confirm
    6. Disable Restrictions

All of your apps should be visible again. :D

2. Aurial macrumors 6502

You're an absolute legend!

I though I was going to have to wait weeks for the jailbreak to come out so that I could get my Fieldrunners fix.

Thanks a lot for posting this.

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Unreal my friend, lifesaving moves right there, thanks a bunch!! worked like a charm!

4. sotied macrumors regular

w00t

Thanks.

I went to bed last night after the JB and upgrade and didn't realize until this morning that a good portion of my apps were invisible.

Been trying since 8AM to install, uninstall categories and a slew of other things. I was ready to kick the stuffed dog.

You're awesome.

**I searched for invisible apps on here but only found this by mistake. Now with the terms in my post, others should be able to find this fix.**

HOLY CRAP. Just did it and went from three dots to nine and I know more apps are off the screen.

Is it safe to use categories again or should I trim my selections?

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Categories isn't working for me, after the above tip, my apps showed, so I tried to put apps into categories 1 at a time, but after I put them in and restart SB, when I go back into categories, categories would show 0 apps in it and my apps would be invisible again so I had to repeat the tip from above to get them to show, I finally just uninstalled categories all together..

6. rpetway macrumors newbie

7. rnuts macrumors newbie

missing settings

My setting button was inside one of those categories folders. What can I do? Please help. Thanks

8. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

Thank you thank you!!!! This works!

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

10. manorpark macrumors member

11. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

im on 3.0 and only had 1 app hidden that I couldnt find so I did the above, and now it has all the apps in folders and on the springboard.

what should I do to put everything back in Categories? even tho they are in Categories already