Missing 'Artist' Artwork on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by James Godfrey, Nov 15, 2011.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with the new music app on iOS 5.

All my album artwork is on there, however, when I press the artist tab at the bottom, only a selected few of artists have an artwork associated with them.. the rest just have a white square with a music note in it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

James

2. DLG macrumors newbie

Yes, I am also getting this on on one of the artists that I have two albums for. I have other artists that have two albums and they are fine.

3. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Mine seems to be for the majority of the artists, there isnt any sort of pattern in which or why they arnt appearing seems to just be a random selection.... its weird though because all of the album artwork is on there, this must be a bug can anyone shed any light?

4. CuppyCake macrumors member

CuppyCake

Same problem

Apple needs a solution with iOS5. I don't like it.

5. dshnva, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

dshnva macrumors newbie

Blank thumbnails for Artist view on iPad Music app

Same problem here. Solution is:

Settings > Music > Set "Group by Album Artist" to OFF.

This seems to be a bug and not a design feature. I have two iPads with the same tunes on each, but only one has this problem. On the other, it doesn't matter whether "Group by Album Artist" is On or Off. The "problem" iPad has the actual music files on it. The "good" iPad has them all stored in the cloud.

6. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

So simple that I feel a little dumb not noticing that. Awesome suggestion; one which worked just fine. For instance, 6 Michael Bublé albums that all had artwork showed a blank square in the main view. Now it's just fine. Thanks!

7. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular