Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonas-S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2021
I'm missing artist photos for all my music in Apple Music, is it possible to do something to trigger it updating them?

I'm fully updated and artist photos load nicely on both my iPhone and iPad.

Artist.png

Jonas-S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2021
I've also noticed that where Music does show artist photos they are not related to the album artwork.

Weird! ?
I think that is perfectly normal. As I understand it, it only shows the album cover if the artist or company behind the artist has not added an "artist image"

Unsupported

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2020
a land far, far away...
The artists and record companies that offer their music can add Artist pictures. If they do not, then the artist image becomes just an image of a cover from that artist.

But isn't that exactly what is not happening? The artist images are mostly generic in my Music library even though the albums have their correct cover images.

jblucher

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2021
I have the same issue as the OP. I do not have any artist photos in Apple Music on my new MacBook. I have photos in iTunes in Windows and Apple Music on my iPhone. Has anyone figured this out? Is there a setting, a tool, or a do I just wait?

jblucher

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2021
I just got off a chat with Apple Support and after trying a couple things (logging in and out of my account, clicking "Get Album Artwork") to no avail, the chat abruptly ended (technical difficulties). I know this isn't a critical issue, but things like this drive me crazy. Can others on 12.0.1 confirm that they are seeing Artist photos in their library? If it is a widespread issue, I'll wait it out...

DinoInSoCal

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
San Diego
Yes, this issue continues. My experience with Apple support was they advised me the thumbnail images can only be updated by the artist or the publishing company on behave of the artist. Regardless of that this is an Apple platform integration referential data integrity issue. One may notice that the thumbnails for the artist are grayed out circles on the MacBook but, exist on the sync iPhone app. The images exist Apple just can't seem to get everything to work as designed. One would think Apple could allocate a small part of the $2.65 trillion to fix annoying bugs ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.