Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
In Apple Music on the aTV4, I have some tracks missing artwork (which is embedded in the mp3) that is present in iTunes Apple Music on my Mac. I have updated my iCloud Music through iTunes but that did not solve the problem.

Anyone else notice this and have a fix?

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
its impossible to understand or control album art in apple music. I've lost hope

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I'm only having issues with the Apple TV, not iTunes (Apple Music). So is it a Apple TV or Apple Music problem?

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
its the iCloud music library that appleTV and iPhones use to play music, the files on your computer are being read by iTunes correctly but the album art for the iCloud matched version is randomly assigned and doesn't seem to be editable unless you delete and re-add files with a different file name and update and even still it might not stick

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
its the iCloud music library that appleTV and iPhones use to play music, the files on your computer are being read by iTunes correctly but the album art for the iCloud matched version is randomly assigned and doesn't seem to be editable unless you delete and re-add files with a different file name and update and even still it might not stick
It's interesting, I just searched all of Apple Music and the album (a pretty common album) I am having the issue with does not appear. Since, iCloud Apple Music feeds the aTV, it must not have the artwork to feed it. I have it locally but my local iTunes is not feeding the aTV Apple Music app. If I go to "Computer" and look the album is there with artwork.

So I guess, if you want accuracy, you go with local music through "Computer". If you want Apple Music music, you get what you get (whatever Apple has in it's library). Go figure.

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Using your PC/Mac, un-embed and save the artwork -- see if iTunes locates it automatically, if not manually add it via iTunes, update your library and then restart your ATV, should be there. Going forward, do this as you add new music to your library and it won't be as much a chore later on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.