Missing available channels on Apple TV main menu

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sultanmakende, Jan 20, 2015.

1. sultanmakende macrumors newbie

sultanmakende

Apple TV Model:A1469
    Apple TV software: 7.0.2 (6915)

I live in Brazil and recently bought a third generation Apple TV.
    After setting up all the wifi / log-ins etc. I started browsing and thought that the available channels were a bit limited just a load of mainstream movies, Netflix, a few other strange ones and a load of USA based sport channels.
    Then I was at a friend's place and he showed me that he had a load more options including channels like ABC and HBO (on the main menu) on his than mine and he has exactly the same model and OS version!

Channels available on mine are (in alphabetical order):

Bloomberg
    Crackle
    Crunchyroll
    Dailymotion
    Esporte Interativo
    Flickr
    icloud photos
    imovie theatre
    KORTV
    MLB.TV
    NBA
    Netflix
    NFL Now
    NHL
    Podcasts
    Qello Concerts
    Radio
    Trailers
    Vevo
    Vimeo
    WSJ Live
    WWE Network
    YouTube

It really doesn’t make any sense that there should be a whole lot missing, especially as one has to pay for them. It’s like a shop that doesn’t want to show what it’s selling.....ridiculous!!! :)

I have also already tried:
    deleting the log-in / user and reconfiguring from scratch.
    Choosing a different region in settings > Menu > General > Region (tried both UK and USA).
    Settings > Menu > General > Region Format (no change)
    Settings > Menu > General > Software update (up to date)
    Settings > Menu > General > reset (this reconfigures it to factory default and one has to re-set up all the log-ins etc.).
    Restart (doesn’t do anything, just a general restart).

So I would really appreciate some info about this and if anyone knows of a solution or what would cause this.

2. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

search the forums for AppleTV brazil - it's been discussed before.

you need either a VPN or possibly just DNS settings that make the ATV think you are in the US (or some other region).

Esporte Interativo is a Brazil only offering. All of the channels have regional availability.

3. sultanmakende thread starter macrumors newbie

sultanmakende

Panch0, thanks for that. I had a feeling it was some kind of regional issue.
    Strange that my friend's ATV bought from the main Apple reseller (mine wasn't) came already set up like that. So I will now research how to do this.
    If you already know, please fill me in.