Missing cable on Apple.com-bought printer...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zerstörer, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Zerstörer macrumors newbie

Since I'm entering college, I hit up the free-iPod and free-printer deal with a new Mac.

However, when I got the printer (HP Photosmart All-in-one C4480 I believe), there was no USB cable, so I can't hook it up to my Mac.

Who should I contact about this, and using what method?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Rarely does a printer come with a USB cable. Check the box, if it doesn't say that a cable is included, go out and buy one.

TEG

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

TEGs right, none of the printers at the Apple Store (or pretty much anywhere) come with the USB cable anymore.

Run up to Target or Walmart and grab a cheap one.

4. Zerstörer thread starter macrumors newbie

Good call. They had a picture in the manual that said something along the lines of "this is what you have in the box", and it had a picture of a USB cable (and it wasn't the power cord, since that was in the picture as well). But on the back of the box it said, "Don't forget" and then a picture of a USB cable.

I'll be purchasing one shortly. Thanks folks, and pardon my ignorance.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I was actually surprised when the last printers and usb drives actually came with cables.

Normally they are not included.

Since the retailers tend to make more profit from selling you the cable than the printer or accessory.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I was really surprised when my networked workgroup printer came with a USB cable. Who buys a networked workgroup printer and uses USB?!