Missing Code Signing Provision Profiles

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Fontano, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Fontano macrumors member

Hopefully now that the NDA is lifted, more people will be willing to help out.

I have all my certificates in place, they show up in KeyChain.
    I cut/paste the Common Name into: Code Signing Identity

When I select Code Signing Provisioning Profile, I get no options except the Default Provisioning Profile for Code Signing Identity.

I have restarted XCODE.
    I have restarted the entire computer.

I have removed all my related Keys from the KeyChain, removed all profiles, removed all certificates (from the portal). And started all over from the start... step by step.

Still... nothing.

When install the profile, it does appear under the device in the Organizer Window. And it does appear in the Directory on the computer.

Any ideas? I have found others that had a similar issue, but still no solutions. I really really don't want to use one of the few service requests for something has got to be trivial, and is not really code based.

2. firewood macrumors 604

If signing for iPhone Developer, have you tried actually using the Default to install on your device?

3. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

4. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

Also, make sure you follow the directions for setting up a distribution mode. (Double click the target, duplicate the release mode, and name it distribution.}

5. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

Also, make sure you follow the directions for setting up a distribution mode. (Double click the target, duplicate the release mode, and name it distribution.}

[EDIT: sorry for the double post, My internet went down somewhere in the process of the post and it sent twice]

6. Fontano thread starter macrumors member

Well... I have managed to get it working for iPhone Development... it wasn't yesterday morning, then when I just tried again in the afternoon... it was fine.

However, this isn't the case for Distribution.
    And yes, I did create a new profile called Distribution.

Device is selected.

Everytime I enter in the information for the Distribution Certificate, I get no options in the Provision Profiles.