Missing contacts after upgrade to OS4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cougar8000, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cougar8000 macrumors newbie

Phone 3Gs

All of my contacts went missing after upgrade to OS4. I have tried restoring it from a month old backup, a few days old backup and still nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Apple supports does not seem to know how to help me. :eek:

I have always relied on the back up images. And it appears that I should not have.

2. SunnyP macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. This seems to be an iOS4 issue. Here's how I fixed mine: I restored the backup on an iPhone running 3.1.3 and all my contacts reappeared. I then synced the contacts through windows contacts on the phone running iOS4 and everything transferred smoothly. I know not everyone has access to an iPhone running 3.1.3 but I hope this solution helps you and I wish you the best of luck on recovering your contacts.

3. cougar8000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Sunny,

I just need find someone smart, who hasn't upgraded yet, to do this.

4. cougar8000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to find one running 3.1.3 and restored my back up to it. Then I have extracted my contact and loaded them on my phone that is now on 4.0.

What a hassle. I can't understand why Apple would not allow you to restore back down.