Missing Contacts & Photos (Synced 3x, backed up before restore)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noTe on iPhone, Jun 16, 2009.

1. noTe on iPhone macrumors member

iPhone 8GB Edge
    iTunes 8.1.1.10 (Windows XP Pro SP 3)

Okay, since 3.0 was coming out tomorrow and I was tired of my jailbroken (2.2.1) phone crashing all the time I decided to go back to Apple's 2.2.1 tonight.

I synced my phone at least 2 or 3 times and performed a backup. I verified in the preferences that iTunes copied a backup. I then clicked restore, everything went fine except:

-All of my contacts, previous notes, and calendar dates are completely missing
    -Recent calls, text messages were restored fine... except they aren't labeled with names since my contacts are gone.
    -I had around 700 pictures stored on my phone and there are only maybe 80 on my phone now. And the odd thing is, the preview for most of them are blank but when I touch to see the entire image.. it appears fine. Also, the pictures that remain are random from the past.. as in there isn't a exact cut off. Example: From a vacation I was on I took alot more than 2 pictures and the rest are gone now.

I'm so pissed right now. Any help would be appreciated. I am really surprised I'm having issues since I backed up everything.

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

all that is saved in a backup is your settings, notes, txts, calls, camera roll (NOT photos, just the ones still in the camera roll).

You should be syncing your contacts/calendar with somewhere else like your email account (exchange, yahoo, google, mobileme) or outlook/address book.