Missing Cover Art

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SexyBeast, Aug 3, 2011.

1. SexyBeast macrumors regular

Since I upgraded to iOS 5 beta 4, I am missing cover art in my music library. It appears when I turn the phone to landscape and flip through the covers, but doesn't appear when the phone is horizontal and it does not appear through my car stereo which has an lcd screen that shows the cover art. Anyone else run into this or is it just me?

Attached Files:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've this problem as well, but my iPhone is on iOS 4.3.5

3. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

I was having this problem too. I got all my album artwork back by restoring from backup did it couple of times but all my artwork is there and working :D

* i'm on iOS 5 Beta 4 with iTunes Beta 4 running Lion.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I'm only missing the cover art on music synced after beta-4.

5. SexyBeast thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

That might be the case with me. I resynched the music on my phone a couple of days ago and didn't notice it until yesterday. Anyone found a way to fix it?

6. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

What I did was restore my phone couple of times and all my album work came back for me. First restore was from backup the or second one was factory and just sync them and they all came back.

7. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

Jeebus, Carrie Underwood is hot.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

8. acoustic- macrumors member

Carrie Underwood is dead sexy. The end.

9. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

The moment I saw Carrie Underwood's name in the opening post I literally facepalmed myself knowing this would happen. :p

10. itsalexaye macrumors regular

i wonder if its something related to itunes and iCloud not iOS

11. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

My phone/iPods have been doing this for a long time. I'm not a developer and I am on 4.something. It does it on my 2010 nano as well. Sometime it even has other songs artwork. I've just learned to ignore it. And yes Underwood is pretty hot!

12. vitasenza macrumors member

I'm not using beta software, but about the only thing I would think to check is that each song in an album has artwork attached to it. A lot of times artwork will be placed on the first song of an album but not the others so the artwork will show up most of the time, but other times/views it wont.

However if this is not the case, it is a beta and there could be glitches that just need to be submitted to apple.

13. SexyBeast thread starter macrumors regular