Missing data after transfering to new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ack, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Ack macrumors member

My wife got a new iPhone 3GS to replace her old 1st gen iPhone. I synced the new phone to iTunes on her Windows computer and chose the option to replace the old iPhone with this new one. Her existing contacts, pictures, etc. all transferred over to the new phone.

After doing this, I realized that she hadn't synced her old iPhone for quite a while and there are several newer pictures, contacts, calendar entries, etc. that are still on the old iPhone but not on the computer or on the new iPhone. Now that I've already switched her iTunes setup over to sync to the new iPhone, what's the best way to get the missing data from the old iPhone onto the new one?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. Ack thread starter macrumors member

I checked out Sharepod and it unless I'm missing something it looks like that will help here sync any missing music, but won't do anything for the missing pictures, calendar entries, or contacts.

Any other ideas? I thought there would be a way to re-sync the old iPhone into her iTunes then sync the new one again to regain the missed items. I'm not quite sure how to go about it though.