Missing dock, icons, widgets, systemfonts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by boarder747, Jan 3, 2011.

1. boarder747 macrumors newbie

all of a sudden i restarted my computer and the dock didnt show up and the fonts for the clock and battery were different. the widgets also would not show up. also missing was some of the icons for random programs (applications, illustrator, pictures etc.) im thinking i might have deleted some of the systems files? any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. in safe mode the dock and widgets work and the fonts are correct however the icons are still missing.

2. lordfenrir macrumors newbie

After restarting your computer after a safe boot did the problem get resolved? If not then you try booting up off of the install disc > choose disk utility from the menu at the top > choose your partition > click the first aid tab > click repair

3. boarder747 thread starter macrumors newbie

the safe mode took care of the dock, widgets, and font problem however the icons were still missing. and reverting back to normal mode the problems came back.

4. lordfenrir macrumors newbie

have you tried repair the partition through the install disc?

5. boarder747 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i have not tried the install disk since i am out of town. thanks for the suggestion and ill try that as soon as possible