Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Sometimes I see this (see screenshot). Has anyone else notice this before?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-10-03 at 9.59.38 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-10-03 at 9.59.38 PM.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 369

rubirock

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
Little Beirut
same problem here after 10.6.2 install.
icons for FCP, Itunes, Sys. Pref and Clean App have all disappeared after launching them from the dock. the space is still there and you can move the cursor over them and see the text, but no icon.
lauching safari does not make it disappear.

anybody know what's going on?

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
hmm, mine seems to work fine, ive noticed problems with snow leopard that were mostly hard ware problems which sl probably effected, like the trackpad wouldnt respond to clicks, and i had the folder and question mark icon, then a kernal panic, lol. but yeah i think sl is junk, and apple shouldnt have started from scratch. but not really appearance problems, beachball alot, and more often apps arnt responding, and slow internet, and takes longer to load apps....well i guess i just lied in my first sentence lol. but yeah sl sucks, apple needs to do something. although i havnt had those problems with the dock. try reinstalling sl (upgrade version) and then try installing updates, hopefully itll work, if not, two other things u can try. 1. drag the icons that are messed up off the dock, go into applications and drag them back on, if that doesnt work, then follow step 2. 2. take it to the apple store.

norbiu

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
iTunes and System Preferences are the ones missing on my end as well. I tried to kill the dock and a restart, but it didn't work. Argh! :mad:

TJMeier

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2008
The first boot after upgrading to .2 every single icon except the trash and finder icon were gone for me. I just dragged things down there that I needed and everything is fine. But weird!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.