Missing Dock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TigerBabe, Jul 25, 2011.

1. TigerBabe, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

TigerBabe macrumors 6502

No matter what theme or custom dock I download it does not show up I have even tried un-checking everything in winterboard. Any ideas as to why I have no dock at all on 4.3.3?

However I do have a dock in safe mode?

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Try uninstalling Winterboard, and then reinstalling it. That would be my next guess, at least.

3. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

4. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok uninstalled winterboard and still no dock????:mad:

5. IrishVixen, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

None at all? Not even the original? Try rebooting the phone, not just respringing it.

Edit: the original file appears to be stored in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app as SBDockBG@2x.png. Do you have a file there? (mine looks clear until I click on it in iFile, then you can see the original.)

Are you using Springtomize? I think there's a dock changing function in there.

6. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

No dock still not even the original I uninstalled/reinstalled and reboot and re-sprung still no dock. Do you think I am missing some kind of file for the dock? It's weird that it shows the dock in safe mode but not in JB mode. Also where do I go to access the system files for the dock?

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

8. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

http://www.mediafire.com/?t3w1adjyga2zc5q

That should have both the SBDockBG.png and the 2x version. Both need to be present in the folder path I posted above. If you have ANYTHING with these names, rename those files (don't delete!)--mucking around in the system files directly can have ugly results.

Download this and unzip, place in that folder. Respring and fingers crossed, you'll have a dock again. But UGH, I hate touching anything on that level, there's too much chance of mucking something up.

10. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

11. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it turns out besides missing the file Sprintomize was also the culprit so I uninstalled that as well as reinstalling winterboard and now everything works fine. I can even see your beautiful dock now. Thank you so much for your time, patience and knowledge. :D:D:D:D:D:D

12. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Yay!!! Glad to hear you at least were able to find and fix it without a restore. Whew.