Missing Dock

TigerBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Hollywood
No matter what theme or custom dock I download it does not show up I have even tried un-checking everything in winterboard. Any ideas as to why I have no dock at all on 4.3.3?

However I do have a dock in safe mode?

Last edited:

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Try uninstalling Winterboard, and then reinstalling it. That would be my next guess, at least.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Ok uninstalled winterboard and still no dock????:mad:
None at all? Not even the original? Try rebooting the phone, not just respringing it.

Edit: the original file appears to be stored in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app as SBDockBG@2x.png. Do you have a file there? (mine looks clear until I click on it in iFile, then you can see the original.)

Are you using Springtomize? I think there's a dock changing function in there.

Last edited:

TigerBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Hollywood
No dock still not even the original I uninstalled/reinstalled and reboot and re-sprung still no dock. Do you think I am missing some kind of file for the dock? It's weird that it shows the dock in safe mode but not in JB mode. Also where do I go to access the system files for the dock?

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
http://www.mediafire.com/?t3w1adjyga2zc5q

That should have both the SBDockBG.png and the 2x version. Both need to be present in the folder path I posted above. If you have ANYTHING with these names, rename those files (don't delete!)--mucking around in the system files directly can have ugly results.

Download this and unzip, place in that folder. Respring and fingers crossed, you'll have a dock again. But UGH, I hate touching anything on that level, there's too much chance of mucking something up.

TigerBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Hollywood
Well it turns out besides missing the file Sprintomize was also the culprit so I uninstalled that as well as reinstalling winterboard and now everything works fine. I can even see your beautiful dock now. Thank you so much for your time, patience and knowledge. :D:D:D:D:D:D

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Well it turns out besides missing the file Sprintomize was also the culprit so I uninstalled that as well as reinstalling winterboard and now everything works fine. I can even see your beautiful dock now. Thank you so much for your time, patience and knowledge. :D:D:D:D:D:D
Yay!!! Glad to hear you at least were able to find and fix it without a restore. Whew.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.