Missing Download Folder

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ftprintsonthecl, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ftprintsonthecl macrumors newbie

Okay, I recently deleted my download folder from my dock and I have no idea how. The problem isn't exactly how to get the download folder back because I know i can just click my finder button and drag the download bar back to my dock but the thing is when i do that then i have to scroll through hundreds of downloads to find what I want rather than the old download folder i used to have that every newest download would appear first and made it much simpler. Does anyone have any advice? I would extremely appreciate it!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

You can choose to View As: List and in the Sort Preferences choose "Newest to Oldest" and it will display your Downloads folder in List View with the newest downloads at the top.

This is exactly what I do, I don't have an alias in the dock, I keep my Alias on the desktop. I use an SSD as my boot disk and keep my downloads folder on my HD Array, and then put an alias of the "Downloads" folder on the SSD, so it recognizes the real Downloads folder on the Array as where to save. Unlike others, I do not put my whole Home folder off the SSD, just the Downloads and iTunes folders go on the HD or Array (depending on machine).