missing drivers after installing Win8.1 by Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by wfzen, Sep 1, 2014.

1. wfzen macrumors newbie

I was able to install Windows 8.1 64 bit in a separate partition using Bootcamp, but I can't get all the drivers needed to function properly.
    I then extracted BootCamp5.1.5640.zip from Mac partition and try to install the drivers manually. setup.exe didn't work as it says it was not for the system. I then go to individual folders and install them separately. Still the missing drivers are still missing like the screen below.

[​IMG]

So where can I get the proper drivers installed; I would need the wifi at least?

Thanks,

2. wfzen thread starter macrumors newbie

After trying most installers manually (from the Bootcamp update download), only Bluetooth USB Host Controller and FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in) left without proper driver. At least I'm connected to internet. I was able to see Mac partition before but it's not available now. How do I make it available so I can share files between the 2? (I can see Windows partition on Mac).

Thanks,

3. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

For Windows 8,1 you need Bootcamp V5 and AFAIK there are 2 different Bootcamp packages available for different Hardware setups. You can look at it in the Apple support pages.