Missing Drivers on Windows 8 Installation on Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RDAR, Jan 11, 2013.

1. RDAR macrumors 6502

I've bought a copy of windows 8 and i tried installing on parallels. Once the installation starts up it says im missing a driver that either in the harddrive or usb stick? What does this mean and where do i get it, any help would be appreciated :D

2. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I'm afraid apple have yet to release drivers for windows 8 in bootcamp. At the moment you will have I stick with windows 7 or wait until the drivers become available I'm afraid.

That said, it will probably still work mostly ok but with a few minor hardware incompatibilities. Magic Mouse, apple keyboard etc. this stuff should sill work, but not as reliably as with the proper apple drivers.

3. Gator Bob macrumors regular

I ran win 8 in bootcamp and found the trackpsd did not work and there was no support for my macbook's retina disolay. I eent bsck to windows 7 but will probably return to windows 8 when apple releases a complete win 8 driver package.

4. washo macrumors newbie

I installed this yesterday and worked fine after a few teething issues.

What I did was copy the Win8 .iso to the Mac hdd. Put a Mac formatted usb pen in and run bootcamp assistant. Tick all 3 options and this will make the pen bootable, downloading windows drivers and create the image for you etc.

Install bootcamp then boot into ML and simply install Parallels. I am a Mac novice but it seems fine.