Missing Emails

Discussion in 'iMac' started by scgarrett, Dec 15, 2015.

1. scgarrett, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

scgarrett macrumors newbie

scgarrett

My Mac Mail application does not receive all emails on my provider's email server. It is always the same senders which for some reason never gets sent to my Mac Mail application. I don't believe I have anyone blocked, so I don't know where to look or start. I've contacted my provider and they have seen the situation which I described, and they have NO answer! Any help is welcomed.

Additional information....Mail program is version 8.2. Operating system is Yosemite 10.10.5.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You have logged into the webmail portal for your email provider and the missing emails are there?

3. scgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

scgarrett

4. scgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

scgarrett

Yes, I have had both the webmail and Apple Mail open at the same time and can see the email come into the inbox of the webmail application. Then when Apple Mail requests (behind the scenes) all the new emails, not all the new email is sent to the Apple Mail inbox.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Unless you've got some sort of a rule set up that is monkeying around with incoming email in that manner or if you're actually using iCloud and forwarding your mail to the iCloud account I don't see how it could happen. Mail itself, with no rules set up, doesn't make "decisions" on what to download.

Are the emails coming in on other devices? Who is this provider?

Now is when someone chimes in to prove me wrong!

6. scgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

scgarrett

I only have Rules set up to identify Junk mail. I have checked that folder of course for the missing emails. I hate to say that "once in a while" the problem emails do come through to Apple mail. But that is a very rare occurrence. I just checked my mail on my IPhone and the missing email did not download. I'm not sure about the Cloud. I don't understand that technology and therefore don't utilize it. Of course I could have configured the cloud accidentally which is causing me problems.
    The missing emails come from Verizon and Gmail that I know of.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

8. scgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

scgarrett

I have Exede also called ViaSat.

9. imacdave1 macrumors newbie

I have a suggestion, why not change your password on the server but not on your computer. Send yourself an email and when the computer tries to access your email you should get an error message telling you, you need to update your password or something to that effect. If you don't receive any kind of error message I'd delete the email account(s) on the computer reboot and recreate the email account(s) and see if that fixes the problem

10. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

From what you've said it sounds like it Exede's issue if both iOS and Mac Mail are having issues with specific, and not all, emails.

It doesn't sound like you've been with them long so might I suggest you get an email address that isn't tied to your internet provider. I don't know their policy but I'd be surprised if, when you decide you want to change internet providers, they would let you keep your email address that they're including with your service. You can most likely set up forwarding at the current provider for the period that your email address changeover takes.

11. scgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

scgarrett

12. scgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

scgarrett

Thanks Imacdave1, I have already deleted my Email account yesterday and recreated it.