Missing external drive mount

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blackscooby, Nov 9, 2007.

1. blackscooby macrumors 6502

blackscooby

Hi,

I seem to have a missing mount on my external drive. Within Disk Utilities it sees the partition fine, however when looking at my drives within finder it's missing.

Any ideas why "Mac Mini Backup" is missing from Finder ?

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. JSMencer macrumors regular

i had this problem with my maxtor one touch III 160 gig external. I had my music library on there. 27,000 SONGS, and it wouldnt mount. I decided to erase the hard drive :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and it mounted as soon as i erased it:confused: stupid thing. So i started getting my music back, and i'm like 1/4 the way there

3. blackscooby thread starter macrumors 6502

blackscooby

Boooo ! I think I did something silly yesterday. I wanted to unmount the drive. Clicked on the partition and pressed the <delete> key, rather than clicking on the eject icon. I can see that the data appears to still be there in the disk utility. I'd rather not reformat as it was my Tiger install :(

Ho hum...

4. blackscooby thread starter macrumors 6502

blackscooby

YAY sorted. Hadn't noticed that the disk utility has this Mount point link at the bottom of the page.

Clicked on the link which opened finder on the partition. Dragged the drive to my other mount points in finder and hey presto :apple:

JSMencer ~ sorry to hear of your loss.