MISSING FEATURE: Ability to turn off audio on diff Apps> VISTA has it, macs dont

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maccuser, Feb 25, 2010.

1. maccuser macrumors member

I switched to mac almost more than a year ago, one thing Windows vista has over mac, is the option to control which application can have audio. This is very useful as when you are listening to your music on itunes while navigating safari, the annouying ads start suddenyl playing and disturbing. In VISTA AND 7, you can trun off the audio for lets say firefox. However this is not possible in mac..

Honestly, I sometimes think that windows has a lot more features than mac..
    Im afraid that apple is working on too many products and has lost its focus on quality... whatever.

does anybody agree with me on this useful feature and how can we ask apple to incorporate it?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Yeah, OS X is great if and only if you choose to use it as Apple intends, and don't compare it to any other OS.

3. maccuser thread starter macrumors member

do u know if there is anyway to turn off the audio on safari yet be able to just listen on itunes?

4. greg400 macrumors 6502

One of the easiest things to do if you just search around a little.

Step 1) Download Audio Hijack Pro (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/)
    Step 2) Unzip it and drag it into your Applications folder
    Step 3) Open Audio Hijack Pro and click on Audio Hijack Pro in the menu bar then select Install Extras...
    Step 4) Install Instant Hijack
    Step 5) Log out (or do whatever they tell you to do)
    Step 6) Log in
    Step 7) Hijack and Mute any application you want