Missing feature in Snow Leopard (re: Spaces)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pad07, Aug 17, 2009.

1. pad07 macrumors regular

Assign applications to spaces.
    Assign an application to any space from its icon in the Dock with a click. Quickly spread your work out in different spaces by assigning an application to a space right from the Dock. Just right-click the Dock icon and select a space for the application.

I cannot find this feature in the latest build. :confused:

2. hhaeschen macrumors regular

I have just bought and installed 10.6 and I am missing that feature as well...

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Hm, never even knew this was a feature.

And no, I don't have it.

4. hhaeschen macrumors regular

Interesting... when I do a Google search the results show the OP's quote ("Assign an application to any space from its icon in the Dock with a click.") and link to Apple's page. However, when following the links and trying to find above quote on that page shows no result at all.

Seems to me as if Apple has let go of this feature very last minute. :mad:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wait so you're saying in Leopard, right clicking on an application gave you the menu and on the menu was a space assignment option?
    Not on my Leopard. I have spaces enabled and certain apps assigned to those spaces and nothing.

6. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Wow... They hated the right click until now...

7. Animalk macrumors 6502

But does it remove any previous settings concerning this? I cannot purchase/upgrade to Snow Leopard without this feature. All my programs have been assigned spaces and my work-flow depends on it.

8. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

... first of all if you do just a simple upgrade you will not lose anything.

second of all if you did i'm sure you could take a simple screen shot and have everything up and running within 5 minutes.

i use 6 spaces and just set it up to my liking on my Mac mini which finally was upgraded from OS X 10.4.11 yesterday afternoon.

it took me literally 5 minutes.

and yeah i'm missing that feature too! :/ oh well

9. dangerfish macrumors 6502

No. He is saying this was supposed to be a feature in SNOW Leopard and it is not there. You can not assign a program to a space from the dock, only from the preference pane. I wish it was there, it would be handy.

10. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Bummer, I was looking forward to this too as it is a cool feature.

10.6.1 maybe!