[Missing Feature] Universal Voice Controls To Do Everything On the iPhone by Voice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jun 7, 2010.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Here's a feature I'm surprised Apple still hasn't implemented given their purchase of Siri.

Using Voice Controls to do everything on your phone.

I should be able to say, "Open iBook Winne the Pooh" and it should open that book.

Likewise, if you say "Check my email" it should open the email app and refresh it to get the latest emails.

If I say buy iPhone App Shazam, it should take me to the App Store to the Shazam app.

I hope this finds its way into iOS 5, alongside a 4.3 inch screen for the new iPhone.

2. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

3. shadygrove macrumors regular

Honestly, no.

Until the technology gets perfected (almost AI like) I would rather touch it to get what I want. That's just me though. I have little use for such things. Usually what ends up happening putting the microphone up to my mouth and repeating the same thing multiple times and talking like a robot. By the time it recognizes what I am saying, i could have opened the app myself in half the time. Perhaps if the feature was perfect, I would use it more.

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

While it sounds great, only one company that I know of has voice technology that could make this possible.

http://www.nuance.com/

5. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Siri has the technology to make this a reality. And Apple recently bought them out. So I don't see why not.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

sometimes it takes more than 12 minutes to get a reply. deep breath.