Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ditogi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Hi,

I have an external drive formatted with HFS. When I am in XP under bootcamp and looking through the files on that drive some of the files and folders are missing. When I boot back into snow leopard, the missing files and folders are there. It doesn't look like they are hidden or anything. Is there some setting I am missing or is there a bug in the bootcamp HFS driver?

Thanks for any help.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Are those files and folders created by you and can you see any difference between those no-shows and the ones you can see? Naming or size or some other attributes that stand out?

ditogi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Yes, all of the files and folders are created by me.

I also created one folder in osx which doesn't show up under bootcamp too. The rest of the files and folders are copied from my bootcamp drive. It is my music collection and most of the files and folders are there. Just a file each in two different folders and one entire folder and its contents are missing. No weird characters in the file names...

Nothing really stands out as different. I even recopied the stuff over and I still have the same issue.

I think I'll try renaming some files in osx and see if they show up in when in bootcamp.

Thanks for any help.

stephenlambeth

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2010
Same here

Please update this thread if you find the solution. I am looking for one myself and will do the same. My first instinct is to try and update the bootcamp software from inside Windows using the Apple Update software.

stephenlambeth

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2010
Problem Solved

Boot into Windows XP and run the "Apple Software Update" program (should have been installed when you installed the XP Bootcamp drivers from your Snow Leopard install DVD). You want to update to Bootcamp version 3.1 and this will fix your woes.

:apple:13" MacBook Pro
4 GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz:apple:

ditogi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Solution

That version of bootcamp was buggy apparently. The newer version of bootcamp fixed the bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.