Missing first key stroke after MacBook inactivity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by M3Plus, Jul 22, 2007.

1. M3Plus macrumors newbie

It appears that my MacBook misses the first key stroke after it has been idle for a certain amount of time, regardless of the key pressed. Energy settings are set to kick in well after the amount of time it takes for this to occur.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had (or fixed) this issue, or is it documented elsewhere. Searches away from this site have yielded only a few posts, but no answers, about the subject.

2. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

On my mbp, the problem was resolved when I updated to 10.4.10.

3. M3Plus thread starter macrumors newbie

I had updated to 10.4.10 immediately after it came out. Which evidently didn't fix the sound issues either (switching on and off).

4. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i have the same problem, actually... if i dont type for a bit it misses the first keystroke. i thought it was just one of those 'mac things' but now that i see other people see it as a problem, i'd like to know if theres a fix?

5. BigPrince macrumors 68020

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep, I've had this issue on my PowerBook since about 10.4.3. It seems better than it used to be, but it still gets me every once in a while, most commonly in the Google search field in Safari's toolbar.

7. stilllearning6 macrumors newbie

Has this issue been resolved?
    If yes, please post a link to the solution .

I have 10.6.8 and experience the " ELP " issue of missing first keystroke almost daily.
    Usually happens when I data enter into a log-in entry location.

I see that this issue goes back well over 5 years but I cannot find solution.
    Took Macbook to Genius Bar ; they could not fix it . I showed them the internet postings by others to document this known issue.