Missing folders on external harddrive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mohrscircle, Aug 3, 2011.

1. mohrscircle macrumors newbie

Hello folks. I apologize in advance if this question have been answered previously, but I didn't find anything when searching the forum.

I have a mac mini, running Lion with 2 external HDD's from Western Digital (NTFS), which I run with Paragon NTFS 9.0.1.

Yesterday I discovered that one of the HDD's were completely blank, except all folders, who were all intact. The other one functioned like usual, with all files/folders intact. I exchanged USB-cables, then the USB-ports but alas, no improvement.

I booted W7 through bootcamp on the mini only to find both HDD's working like usual, with files and folders intact.

Then I hooked the faulty HDD to my macbook (10.5, running Tuxera NTFS) and all the files were there!

Any clues?

Thank you in advance

/ a

2. xt3rm macrumors newbie

Had the same problem!

Installed Lion and Paragon NTFS.

I then copied a folder named "Music" to a NTFS HDD, overwriting a folder named "music".

A day later the "Music" folder is empty.

I ended up reinstalling lion, and have not installed Paragon this time. I can now see both an empty "music" folder and also a "Music" folder containing all my files that I copied over. I didn't even know it was possible to have two folders with the same name with different cases.