Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
I have searched online for awhile and have only come up with "AppleGaramond.ttf", not "Garamond.ttf". I have the entire
AppleGaramond.ttf" family installed, but I still get the error. I am constantly bugged with this error opening .doc files in Pages. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 919

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
You can download any garmond ttf font, the division between apple and windows fonts for the most part is gone.
http://www.fontage.com/_zips/garamond.zip
Try that and let us know how it works for you. The font from that link installed on my mac just fine.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I actually had already installed that font family, but after I repaired permissions and restarted, a notice came up that said something like "Pages wants to use the font Garamond Regular" and I just allowed it. Phew, glad that annoying message is gone for good. Thanks again

ellz

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
hi everyone,

i've been looking for the garamond font everywhere, so was thrilled to find it here, for free (broke college student). i'm using it in pages, but the ' and " don't seem to work. i'm sure i added the font correctly since i followed instructions straight from the apple support page... is there any way to remedy this?

thanks in advance.

temporaryag

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Quotation marks missing

You can download any garmond ttf font, the division between apple and windows fonts for the most part is gone.
http://www.fontage.com/_zips/garamond.zip
Try that and let us know how it works for you. The font from that link installed on my mac just fine.

I got the download and used it when I imported a Word document to Pages. Everything is great except that there are no quotation marks. What gives? There are other punctuation marks and I can use quotes if I change the font but they don't show up in the sections in Garamond. Help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.