Missing Garamond Font?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skythefly13, Mar 25, 2009.

1. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

I have searched online for awhile and have only come up with "AppleGaramond.ttf", not "Garamond.ttf". I have the entire
    AppleGaramond.ttf" family installed, but I still get the error. I am constantly bugged with this error opening .doc files in Pages. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

3. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, but likely on a PC using Word. A certain professor uses the font in most of her lecture outlines.

4. RoninXI macrumors regular

You can download any garmond ttf font, the division between apple and windows fonts for the most part is gone.
    http://www.fontage.com/_zips/garamond.zip
    Try that and let us know how it works for you. The font from that link installed on my mac just fine.

5. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, thanks a lot. I actually had already installed that font family, but after I repaired permissions and restarted, a notice came up that said something like "Pages wants to use the font Garamond Regular" and I just allowed it. Phew, glad that annoying message is gone for good. Thanks again

6. SpaceMonkeyX macrumors newbie

7. SURREALISTAMAC macrumors newbie

Thank you

thank youuuu!!!!! I just download that fonts and work ok!

8. ellz macrumors newbie

hi everyone,

i've been looking for the garamond font everywhere, so was thrilled to find it here, for free (broke college student). i'm using it in pages, but the ' and " don't seem to work. i'm sure i added the font correctly since i followed instructions straight from the apple support page... is there any way to remedy this?

thanks in advance.

9. temporaryag macrumors newbie

Quotation marks missing

I got the download and used it when I imported a Word document to Pages. Everything is great except that there are no quotation marks. What gives? There are other punctuation marks and I can use quotes if I change the font but they don't show up in the sections in Garamond. Help!