Missing HFS partition

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by bolyki0, Jun 9, 2016.

1. bolyki0 macrumors newbie

bolyki0

So I have an external 4TB drive. One 1,5TB Partition (HFS) and one 2,5TB partition (exfat).

I have moved all my data from the exfat partition to the HFS partition, and I no longer require to have a exfat partition as my windows pc is gone.

Therefore, I have deleted the exfat partition using disk utility and it has automatically resized the HFS partition to a fully 4TB. I clicked OK, then both partition has disappeared and OSX can only see the drive itself, but no partitions.

The data on it was pretty important and I have never experienced any problem with HFS resizing before...

What could be done? No DVD drive is in the machine, therefore linux and windows applications are out.

Thanks!

2. JohnDS macrumors 65816

You might see if Data Rescue can retrieve the data: https://www.prosofteng.com/datarescue-mac-data-recovery/
    The free version will analyze your disk and advise you what if anything is recoverable. If you decide that it the data is recoverable, you can pay for the full version to recover your data.