Missing icon

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bob Coxner, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

My NY Times icon is missing. I can use the app but I have to search for it first. When I connect my iPad 3 to the computer/iTunes, I can click and drag all of the other apps to the iPad but not the NY Times app. It shows it but when I try to click and drag it nothing happens.

One other oddity. In the apps list in iTunes the icon is the regular stylized capital "T" However, when I search for the app on the iPad itself, the resulting icon (after exiting the app and then bringing up the inactive app icons along the bottom of the page) is like a photo of a newspaper with the words "New York Times" on it.

Suggestions?

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

Stupid question: have you looked inside your newsstand folder on your iPad? The app should be inside there. You can't move newsstand apps out of the newsstand folder.

If that doesn't help - can you uninstall it from iTunes by unchecking it in the sidebar? Then try installing it again. Something's obviously glitched up.

The icons are different because it's a newsstand app - they always render as mini front-covers for whatever publication they are, rather than as the standard app icon.

3. Bob Coxner thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! You're right. It was in the Newstand folder. I don't know when that happened, it was always a standalone app in the past.