Missing Icons in the 3G iPhone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SAMTATSICPRO, Jun 10, 2008.

1. SAMTATSICPRO macrumors regular

anyone noticed that that the iPhone shows that there are more icons on another page>? looking at this shot? would they release more apps from apple before July 11th like they did with Youtube when the 1st Gen came out?

Attached Files:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, the iPhone does that now. It's to show that there is room for WebClips and such.

But new Apple apps would rock the house.

3. SAMTATSICPRO thread starter macrumors regular

But that means there's another page of icons?

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yea, that could be apps from the App Store or Safari bookmarks added to the home screen.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I think what the OP is trying to say is that it seems weird that it wouldn't be a virgin iPhone, and that there might be standard apps that apple doesn't want us to see now. I am sure he knows about webclips and the multiple home screens. Interesting catch, not sure if it means anything, but I guess we''ll find out.

6. jk000 macrumors regular

jk000

it's been like this since the first update, giving you the second home screen. It was on everything, including recent iPhone boxes

7. shiunn macrumors 6502

nice find.

jk000, I think those dots only show up when you have icons placed on another screen. it also shows up when you make them "jiggle" when rearranging.

8. friekunater macrumors 6502

yep. nice find. really got me wondering now!

9. HarryMac macrumors newbie

hmmm, it's interesting but this is also in all of the post january update renders of the ipod touch, and as far as i know there aren't any hidden applications in those.

Also there would be no need for apple to conceal an application by moving it to another page, especially seeing as they had demo models without any surprising apps at the conference

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

In the 2.0 betas the Contacts.app is on the second page by default, even if the first page isn't filled. Maybe that's why the dots are there?

11. RobUM macrumors newbie

Ever since 1.1.3 apple has always had the dots at the bottom in their pictures of the phone...never meant there was something on the next page before...it's just there as an example... although it could be different this time I suppose?

12. SAMTATSICPRO thread starter macrumors regular

Well I just don't see a point to having those Dots on the Image... I don't think thats necessary, But why would apple let those 2 gaps there? I think we can put a iChat native from apple and a Button access. mobileme Blog.

13. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Yes. It's a marketing thing.

It's there to show that this is possible and because if it wasn't dumb people would assume that it isn't or something.

14. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

This is correct.

15. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I wouldn't be surprised to see some simple Apple Apps introduced with the App Store -- stuff that's not that special or for most people, and therefore wasn't necessary to preview at WWDC, but cool nonetheless.

For example, I'd love to see some kind of iWeb blogging app that works like the TypePad app. Obviously not everyone would need this -- only people with iWeb blogs.

16. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

I'm still really surprised that iChat hasn't been announced for the iphone yet, and I am holding out hope that it will be a "last minute" announcement similar to what they did last year with Youtube.

I mentioned this in another thread, but what was up with all the rumors about a third sensor on the front of the phone for video chat? Reportedly case manufactorers changed their designs because of this alleged sensor, but now there is nothing? Seems awfully fishy to me...

17. newyorksole macrumors 68020

In 6 months, from January 2007 to June 2007, Apple added one thing to the iPhone and that was the youtube app.

Which means they won't be adding anything from now until July 11th, no secrets, no good updates, just what you see now.

I'm satisfied though, although there is room for improvement.

18. HarryMac macrumors newbie

Ahh but that is the problem, we don't see anything, or not everything certainly, all the pictures on apple.com are just renders and they have withheld external photos from their FCC application till after launch.

19. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Exactly. I think there is something up. They DID let journalists play with the iPhones backstage for a few minutes, but it is easy for Apple to hide applications or create dummy phones. Probably I'm just dreaming, but who knows, Steve likes to surprise people to keep the buzz going.

20. newyorksole macrumors 68020

So far with Apple's current track record since the iPhone was released, the only reason why there are 2 pages on the phone is to show that you can customize the home screen and add Bookmarks to it and downloaded Apps. There are no secrets/surprises.

21. SAMTATSICPRO thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think that those 2 dots show that you can customize your icons.
    your average consumer that has never seen an iPhone wouldn't know that by looking at it. Specially all those new Countries that are getting an iPhone.

22. thelordnyax macrumors regular

really? you think they're hiding something? If they were hiding apps on the second page, they would just blacken out the dots on the picture
    i think they're just showing one of the features even if not everyone already knows what it means...it'll prompt them to ask what the dots are, then that's when they learn how to add Webclips and such...

23. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

off topic, i know, but in th 2.0 beta, is there any indication there is ical Task support?

Thanks!