Missing iLife on MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gradgrind, Apr 7, 2012.

1. gradgrind macrumors newbie

Hello forum, I am flushed with success at having last issue solved by wiser heads than mine er so here another challenge. I have a MBA that was a return to an apple concession in the USA. Now back in UK I realise it is missing iPhoto iMovie etc, if I go to app store simply has accept button, then tells me this has already been assigned to another apple id and will need to be purchased but no option to buy. I have done a complete OS X reinstall but still missing Vital apps. Any ideas how to get them?

Cheers

2. LaWally macrumors 6502a

Did you or can you [re]-register the MBA under your own Apple ID? Do you have AppleCare?

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Customer service is worldwide, so I'd suggest giving them a call and explaining the situation. Perhaps they just need to reset your Apple ID to accept the download.

4. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

Call Customer Service. They probably can't reset the ID, but they can give you a code to redeem the iLife software for free under your ID.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

When you go to APP STORE > PURCHASES, it should list additional downloads that came with your MBA. You should be able to click on INSTALL for each app. What does it say?