Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
Ok here's the deal. I downloaded some kind of plug in for safari and when I did it messed up Safari. When ever I'm looking at a web page, no images appear. Ive tried reinstalling safari off of apples web page, I've tried reinstalling 10.4.3, I've looked all over for that plug in file and cant find the damn thing. Its been so long that now i've forgotten what it was called. I'm using Firefox which works perfectly fine but I'd really like to at least have a working version of Safari ya know? So hit me up with ideas please.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Trivial things first: In Safari -> Preferences -> Appearance, make sure you have "Display images when the page opens" checked.

Otherwise, you could try this just to see if it helps: Delete file com.apple.Safari.plist in the Preferences folder of the Library folder under your home folder.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Next place to look: in folder Macintosh HD -> Library -> Internet Plug-Ins.

Perhaps you will see a name there you recognize as the one you installed.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Also check the Library --> Internet Plug-Ins folder in your user directory, not just the top level "Macintosh HD" Library.

Also make sure you're not using a custom style sheet ...you can check that in the "Advanced" panel of Safari --> Preferences.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
woo hoo! ya of course it was something stupid. The plug in must have unchecked the "display images first" box under the preferences. Ive only been using Safari a little while, so I didn't even know that box existed. Well a big thanks to you guys for helping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.