Missing in Leopard

Demon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
on earth
Been using Leopard for the third day now. It's beautiful and fast, and it works. That's virtually all i ask for in an OS.
Whether it's compatible and stable... time can only tell.

What i noticed immediately was the fact that some older "stock" programs like Sherlock, went missing.
Sherlock is a program i used to love to have on hand, to look up words in the dictionary and thesaurus, or to check the flight arrival times of friends and family.
I suppose with "dashboard" the widget take care of all that!

Some habits are hard to change.
but what else have you guys noticed missing from the OSX?

ariza910

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2002
So Cal
Address Book - where did the connect to bluetooth device go? Also, you cant right click on a number anymore and pull up the options 'dial' and 'send SMS' WTF - I thought they would ad this function to the iPhone connected to Leopard- not take it away from everyone. For those that don't know - you use to be able to connect to a cell phone from OSX via bluetooth from address book and any time you received a call it would display caller ID right in OSX, you could also dial a number on the cell right from address book and even send and receive SMS through your cell right from a pop up screen in OSX, it was awesome.

soup4you2

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
I think Property List Editor might be missing or maybe I'm doing something wrong?!
Property list editor is still there.

some things that i've seen gone missing from earlier seeds are:

time machine interface no longer gives you an option to not backup system files. (although you can still change this by editing the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.TimeMachine file and changing the value.

Time machine no longer supports encryption
Time machine interface use to have an option to show only changes.

various screensavers did not make it.

Show All: interface for spotlight has changed. (i liked the earlier seeds version better because you could share searches, etc..)

Demon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
on earth
Address Book - where did the connect to bluetooth device go? Also, you cant right click on a number anymore and pull up the options 'dial' and 'send SMS' WTF - I thought they would ad this function to the iPhone connected to Leopard- not take it away from everyone. For those that don't know - you use to be able to connect to a cell phone from OSX via bluetooth from address book and any time you received a call it would display caller ID right in OSX, you could also dial a number on the cell right from address book and even send and receive SMS through your cell right from a pop up screen in OSX, it was awesome.
you could do that before?? Damn i missed out all along! :confused:

cookieme

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
Another thing that seems to be missing is the option in Keyboard & Mouse prefs that allowed you to use different inputs for your open documents. I.e. English in Safari and Swedish in TextEdit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.