Missing in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Demon, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Demon macrumors regular

Demon

Been using Leopard for the third day now. It's beautiful and fast, and it works. That's virtually all i ask for in an OS.
    Whether it's compatible and stable... time can only tell.

What i noticed immediately was the fact that some older "stock" programs like Sherlock, went missing.
    Sherlock is a program i used to love to have on hand, to look up words in the dictionary and thesaurus, or to check the flight arrival times of friends and family.
    I suppose with "dashboard" the widget take care of all that!

Some habits are hard to change.
    but what else have you guys noticed missing from the OSX?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Classic is missing, as is proper plugin support for Safari.

3. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

with you on Sherlock, used it all the time and now it's gone.

So far impressed with Leopard, but really am annoyed that Sherlock has gone.

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I like widgets better than sherlock. But I guess if I really liked it I would be sad. You should've backed it up :D.

5. bumfilter macrumors regular

I think Property List Editor might be missing or maybe I'm doing something wrong?!

6. ariza910 macrumors regular

Address Book - where did the connect to bluetooth device go? Also, you cant right click on a number anymore and pull up the options 'dial' and 'send SMS' WTF - I thought they would ad this function to the iPhone connected to Leopard- not take it away from everyone. For those that don't know - you use to be able to connect to a cell phone from OSX via bluetooth from address book and any time you received a call it would display caller ID right in OSX, you could also dial a number on the cell right from address book and even send and receive SMS through your cell right from a pop up screen in OSX, it was awesome.

7. soup4you2 macrumors regular

Property list editor is still there.

some things that i've seen gone missing from earlier seeds are:

time machine interface no longer gives you an option to not backup system files. (although you can still change this by editing the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.TimeMachine file and changing the value.

Time machine no longer supports encryption
    Time machine interface use to have an option to show only changes.

various screensavers did not make it.

Show All: interface for spotlight has changed. (i liked the earlier seeds version better because you could share searches, etc..)

8. Demon thread starter macrumors regular

Demon

you could do that before?? Damn i missed out all along! :confused:

9. cookieme macrumors regular

Another thing that seems to be missing is the option in Keyboard & Mouse prefs that allowed you to use different inputs for your open documents. I.e. English in Safari and Swedish in TextEdit.

10. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

11. unity macrumors 6502a

IMHO, your not missing anything. I set up a friends iMac G5 and he did not like it. On my TiBook its missing, things are easier to read.