Missing 'love' button on Now Playing screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MadDoc, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

For some unknown reason, the 'love this song' (i.e. heart) button that used to feature prominently in place of the 'previous track' button on the now playing screen of the music app or music glance is just a 'previous track' button. I really liked being able to quickly love a track from my watch but now I can't find a simple way to do this.

Is there a setting I changed by mistake?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Music is changing as feedback is submitted or they had a plan all along and are still working on the changes.
    The heart will show for radio stations but all other music I don't see it any longer. Nice thing though not as handy is the ability to like a song from your phone lock screen without unlocking.

3. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

That is not my experience at all. I still have the hearts on all my songs.

Not sure why you're not seeing them OP, are you not using Apple Music or iCloud Music Library?

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You're seeing the heart in the glance for everything you play in place of a back button?

5. MadDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I'm using Apple Music. As far as I can tell I haven't changed a setting/updated the iPhone, etc that might explain why it's suddenly vanished. Rebooting watch/iPhone hasn't brought it back either...

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Well, it went away because they made a change on the fly. With Apple Music, they have been making interface changes since release without requiring you to update anything on your end. They could change it again anytime and back again could be the option to like songs via the glance. Three times now since release the activities section in the new tab has been redesigned.