missing music...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrcyrus146, Nov 16, 2016.

1. mrcyrus146 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

First post, I've run into a bit of a problem...I upgraded from a 6+ to a 7+ yesterday, did the usual backup on the 6+ onto my laptop using iTunes. I then went to install everything onto the 7+, everything seemed smooth until I looked at my music. On my 6+ I have 3000 songs that I thought backed up to iTunes however not so, it only took about 1800 songs. I can't figure out how to get all my music off the 6+ and into iTunes and my 7+, any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

Usually what works for me is to uncheck music then sync the phone. Restart itunes then recheck the music tab and try from there.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is possible that Apple thinks you do not have the "rights" to those songs. I have to always go back top my Desktop where I fed it all of my CD's to get them into iTunes. Purchased songs always move.

There are work arounds to move all of your music no matter what, i have not done this but there are many here that will help.

4. rachelsgoldens macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. Go into iTunes, More (lower right corner), Purchased, Music and then Not on this phone and you will have to download the music.

5. mrcyrus146 thread starter macrumors newbie

[QUOTE="rachelsgoldens"Same thing happened to me. Go into iTunes, More (lower right corner), Purchased, Music and then Not on this phone and you will have to download the music.

Tried both those to no avail, the search continues...thanks though!

Jim