Missing My iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TomKease, Mar 10, 2009.

1. TomKease macrumors member

So I recently sold my iPhone 1st gen. and bought a BB Bold.

Let me tell you as much i like being able to send pics, take video, push email, navigation and copy and paste.

I miss the convienece of my iPhone. I miss the way it synced up my contacts easily, the way it synced my music just like the way it was in my itunes, i miss the way i could slide through photos easily.

Let me tell you using a 3rd party app to sync is no picnic..

After all the work arounds i found that made my iPhone better, i think it wasn't so bad after all.

to be honest...i dont see the difference between my iphone on edge and the blackberry on 3g. They seem to move the same, which leaves me unimpressed with the BOLD.

Once you have the AWESOMENESS of safari mobile...
    you can't use anything else...

now i am wanting an iPhone 3g, while waiting for the supposed "3rd Gen iPhone" drop. Or the Pre which looks to the be the only close competition for the iPhone..

Sorry this was just a VENT...

Thanks for listening..

TK

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Mostly everyone that bids farewell to the iPhone has the same post effect like yours, the numerous threads prove it ;)

3. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I would stick with the Bold until the 3rd-generation iPhone, which is most-likely this summer. You may be kicking yourself for giving up your old iPhone, but you'll kick yourself even more if the 3rd-gen comes and it's a big improvement over the 2nd-gen. (Maybe it won't be, but it's not like you're suffering THAT much with a Bold - just not as nice or convenient as an iPhone. Might as well wait a few months).

4. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

I really appreciate your thread. I have a 1st generation iPhone and seriously considered a BB Bold not too long ago (for work purposes). However, I was worried about ease of syncing. The iPhone sync is just so fluid. I have decided to keep my iPhone until the next release this summer. I will either go with the next iPhone or the Pre. Hopefully, you will be back to running smoothly in no time.

5. TomKease thread starter macrumors member

yeah...things could be worse...

i guess the "GRASS IS AWLAYS GREENER"...till you get there..

dont get me wrong the bold is a great phone...

but having an iphone for a yeah and a half about...every thing i have learned to do on it and for it...is literally no use for me on this bold....

its like learning a new language....

i suppose i can hold out till june....

but i have been searching craigslist

TK

6. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

I agree the web browser on the iphone/touch is phenomenal! Nothing beats it...well mobile wise.

7. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

At least you did the experiment and you know now. Better that than always wondering. Only another 3-4 months probably before the next gen comes out.