Missing photos after 8.4 update

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sim667, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

So I've just noticed today after updating my iphone to 8.4 I've lost hundreds if not thousands of photos on my phone...... They've also gone off my icloud.

Understandbly I'm furious. But has anyone else had any experience of this before I ring apple up and explode?

I've lost photos from my travels all over japan & china, which really rubs salt into the wound.

2. TouchedByAl macrumors member

TouchedByAl

Clearly your travel photos weren't deemed important enough to Apple so they decided to clear some space for you .

Ok That was me totally being a smartass.

In all seriousness I would be furious about this and actually I had a similarly infruiating issue happen with my iCloud Photo Library. I decided to jump in day one and not only did pictures I know I deleted magically re appear in my collection everything was all of a sudden out of order. On top of that I had tons of pictures with blank spaces where I presume an actual picture used to be. Thankfully Dropbox has everything in proper chronological order still and I also use Flickr, one drive & Google to back up my photos now. Between cloud issues with photos & music and even odd issues with iMessage I'm starting to lose my faith in Apple when it comes to my stuff. But that's why everything I have that's important backed up to multiple services. Hopefully you can get those pictures back..

3. frazzm737 macrumors regular

frazzm737

You have probably learned a valuable lesson. Irreplaceable photos should be backed-up to more than one location. I personally would never trust any cloud based storage as my main back-up. I back-up photos to an external drive and special photos to DVD, also.