Missing Pro Tools Plug-Ins

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by AKG414, Jun 1, 2008.

1. AKG414 macrumors newbie

AKG414

I recently upgraded to leopard 10.5.3 and Pro Tools LE 7.4.2pr. Having done so I installed a Producer Factory bundle that i had purchased. I went about registering/transferring the plug-ins to my ilok etc. When I launch Pro Tools, the loading screen says that the plug-ins have loaded, however when I add an audio track etc, the Producer Factory plug-ins (Maxim, Cosmonaut Voice etc) are not shown in the drop down insert menu, I can only select the standard digidesign/bomb factory plug-ins! Any advice??

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The plug ins have to be in this folder:

MacintoshHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-ins

But the installation process should put them there automatically, have you installed the RTAS versions and not the Audio Suite ones?

Check to see the authorisations are active on your iLok account too.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I would assume this to be a problem with plugin compatibility with the un-certified version of protools.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

My plug-ins survived the installation of !0.5 on my iMac, but you are correct, LE is not rated for !0.5 as yet, and that might be the problem.

5. BCains macrumors regular

Digidesign have announced the OS X 10.5.3 Leopard compatibility for Pro Tools 7.4.2pr software.

Though on the website the Digidesign plugins have been given the all clear and no update required.

Best bet is get onto the http://duc.digidesign.com

6. AKG414 thread starter macrumors newbie

AKG414

Cheers for all the replies, but the problem has been fixed. It seemed that the installation disc that I installed supplied old versions that were out of date compared to the lastest PT software i was using, so i just downloaded the latest versions from the digidesign website and that solved the problem. Thanks again.