Missing rubber screen pad for G4 iBook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MaximusUK, Aug 1, 2010.

  1. MaximusUK macrumors newbie

    Jul 21, 2010
    One of the rubber pads on my iBook has half ripped off. I was wondering if I can get hold of a replacement or if there was anything I could use instead. Its just really annoying when the screen is closed as it is lop sided when gripping it.

    Anyhelp would be great.
  2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601


    Sep 16, 2007
    Northeastern Ohio
    Those are built into the display bezel so you would have to swap out the front bezel if you want those as they are not replaceable parts.

    You can always use the clear rubber stoppers used on kitchen cabinets. You can find them at any hardware store and are cheap. These are also good as they will keep the keyboard off the screen and preventing it from leaving marks on it.

Share This Page