Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Ordered a Sonnet Tempo SATA card from Sonnet and also a cable connection kit.
Upon opening the FedEx sealed packet I discovered a hole in the plastic of the cable connection kit and the 2 SATA power adapters cables were missing.
I've contacted Sonnet via email and also left a phone message yesterday at 2:30 but as of yet no reply.
Hope this can be satisfactorily resolved.

left photo as advertised, and right photo as received.

prod_cablekitsata_large.jpg 2015-10-02 15.17.02.jpg

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
Ordered a Sonnet Tempo SATA card from Sonnet and also a cable connection kit.
Upon opening the FedEx sealed packet I discovered a hole in the plastic of the cable connection kit and the 2 SATA power adapters cables were missing.
I've contacted Sonnet via email and also left a phone message yesterday at 2:30 but as of yet no reply.
Hope this can be satisfactorily resolved.

left photo as advertised, and right photo as received.

View attachment 589286 View attachment 589287
That's very oddo_O

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Still no response from Sonnet, sent 2 more emails today, 1 to Sales and 1 to Support.
I'd prefer to phone but all I get is a machine and each time it's another long-distance charge seeing as they do not have the usual business "800" service.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Sonnet, although they never once responded to my phone calls or emails did ship me replacement molex to sata power adapter cables which I received this morning.
For which I'm forever grateful.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Sonnet, although they never once responded to my phone calls or emails did ship me replacement molex to sata power adapter cables which I received this morning.
For which I'm forever grateful.
That would be the response that I would want - a fix without needing any discussion.
I can imagine a conversation on their end "I wondered when that damaged bag would show up. Ship out the replacement, here's the customer's address..." :D
No need for any other response, IMO. Maybe they fired the guy that shipped that damaged part to you, and just wanted to make it right!

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
A simple email stating they would take care of it, or better yet live up to their voice mail message, "Leave a message and we'll get back to you ASAP", would have been the right thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.