Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChadMSU07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
I bought a 13" MBA from Best Buy Tuesday night. It was new sealed in the box and sealed in the normal plastic wrap, but when I opened it up it was missing the piece of paper that should have been between the screen and keyboard. There isn't anything wrong with my MBA, and it really doesn't matter if that was there or not. I'm just curious if anyone else didn't have this in their 2012 MBA.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Is it possible that it was a returned item? Check the serial number here to see when the warranty began.

ChadMSU07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Is it possible that it was a returned item? Check the serial number here to see when the warranty began.

Thank you for that idea. I'll check when I get home from work.

I really doubt that it was returned since it was new and sealed in the box and the MBA was in sealed plastic with the sticker intact. Most likely it's just one in a thousand that didn't get the sheet put in between the screen and the keyboard.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
UK
The serial number checked out. It was probably just missed by someone in China.

There is a chance the system was a return, heat shrink wrap machines are very popular in these larger stores, only takes 2 minutes to do so the buyer is thinking they getting a new machine, when in reality they aint!

It is unlikely this would have been missed in the factory.

Calot

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
I am inclined to believe that the chinaman assembling your machine simply ran out of toilet/cum paper and used the one on your laptop, after ingesting 2-3 grams of peyote, he forgot to get another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.