Missing Settings on 3GS!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bobsono, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Bobsono macrumors newbie

Today i was asked by my girlfriends aunt to help restore and update her 3GS to 4.1. After doing so, i helped set up some settings and noticed that the battery percent option is not there! Also the option of putting wallpaper on Lock/home is also missing. Can someone help :/

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're sure you just couldnt find them in the settings?
    settings/general/usage/ battery percent

3. Bobsono thread starter macrumors newbie

yea hahah i can't believe its not thier. even after i just installed 4.1, but she just mentioned to me that shes never had at setting, 2 years since shes purchased.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe she needs to restore again and setup as new phone.
    Something not right with her backup file.

5. Bobsono thread starter macrumors newbie

its been restored to factory settings...i haven't seen this problem or can't find a problem similar to this :/

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.2.0.26.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US Flex/P021) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

You sure it isnt a 3G? The iPhone 3GS has only been out for about one and a half years.

7. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

What you're describing is normal on a 3G, not 3GS.