Missing Since Upgrade To Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mobutler, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mobutler macrumors newbie

I have recently upgraded to Leopard having first had to uninstall Tiger under instruction from the official help line due to problems. I now find the following missing iphotos, iDVD, iMovies and garage from the dock yes I have a few new ones but I thought these were extra = perplexed and:confused:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It sounds like you must re-install iLife (those applications are part of iLife and not Tiger/Leopard).

If you have an iLife DVD, use that. If you don't, it's on one of the restore DVDs that came with your Mac (not the first one -- look for an installer package on the disc that's labeled as something like "additional installs"). You can safely use the Tiger system restore DVDs to install iLife (but just install iLife -- don't reinstall Tiger).

3. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

get iLife '08, the updates to iPhoto and iMovie are great. if you can't afford it, just re-install what you have.:apple:

4. mobutler thread starter macrumors newbie

if I install iLife from Tiger will it be upgraded automatically from my Leopard disc to 08 or do I have to buy it new,

5. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

It will not be 08. You will have to purchase iLife 08 if you want that. I have iLife 08 and love it. Very smooth in Leopard as well.

Hope this helps

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

It always seems to be a source of confusion, but iLife and OS X are completely separate: iLife is bundled with a purchase of Mac Hardware not with the OS so when you buy an OS upgrade you get just that: To get the newer version of iLife you have to buy it separately

7. mobutler thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info have safely installed missing software