Missing Some Activity Awards on iOS 12? Apple Says They'll Be Restored in a Future Software Update

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 18, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

If you updated your iPhone to iOS 12 this week and noticed that some Activity Challenge awards are missing, you're not alone.

[​IMG]

In a new support document, Apple has acknowledged that five limited edition awards may be temporarily unavailable in the Activity app after updating to iOS 12, presumably due to a minor software bug of some kind.

They include:Thanksgiving Day Challenge 2016
    Mother's Day Challenge 2017
    Veterans Day Challenge 2017
    Thanksgiving Day Challenge 2017
    China National Fitness Day 2018Apple is aware of this issue and will address it in an upcoming software update, according to the support document.

MacRumors has been affected by this issue on at least one of our iPhones, with a few awards missing on both iOS 12 and the first beta of iOS 12.1, seeded to registered Apple developers earlier today. There's a chance the awards could be restored in a subsequent beta version of iOS 12.1 in the days to come.

Of note, the Mother's Day Challenge award was still visible on another one of our iPhones running Monday's publicly released version of iOS 12, so it appears that not everyone is affected to begin with.

Article Link: Missing Some Activity Awards on iOS 12? Apple Says They'll Be Restored in a Future Software Update

2. ApostolisApo macrumors member

ApostolisApo

I started using iOS 12 beta since June and I have some extra prizes (since when I didn't even have an Apple Watch!) and some extra copies of existing prizes...
    Hope they also get fixed some day :S

3. Slippery Gimp macrumors member

I got my September Challenge a couple of days ago, then I updated to iOS 12 last night, Watch OS 5 this morning, and now my September Challenge says I’ve done 11 of 12 days.

4. munpip214 macrumors member

I feel like there have been regular issues with Activity challenges since they introduced the special monthly challenges last year. They don't always register as being done, or don't show up until halfway through the month. September for instance, I started with my challenge being 30 days closing my rings, then it changed to 6. I got that, but then got a notification that I have a September challenge for 20 days... I also never got the 50 minute park challenge either. Also, when looking at other peoples achievements, it is very buggy and doesn't always show the accurate ones.

5. Starship67 macrumors 6502a

Starship67

Yup all of mine are missing except the international women’s day from March of this year. Hadn’t even noticed til this article. Just checked some of the stickers for messages are missing as well.

6. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

BUT I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY REWARDS FOR A SECOND!

THIS IS IT! INDICATION THAT APPLE IS DOOMED AND CAN'T PRODUCE A QUALITY PRODUCT ANYMORE!

7. Boatboy24 macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised every year at the bugs that get through after what appears to be such lengthy and thorough Beta testing. As excited as I am to try out the new features (I'm not in the Beta program), I always wait at least a few days before upgrading.

8. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

What am I going to do without China fitness day.

9. Bornee35 macrumors regular

Bornee35

A fair number of beta testers here install to claim the prestige of early access, and actually test nothing. You'll find them in the iOS speculation thread.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Technically, this would be a indication for a software feature missing from their iOS development team, not a hardware feature. But I see what you’re saying.

11. bstpierre macrumors 6502a

I also did not get the 50 minute park challenge. I assume it is because I attempted to use two separate workouts to add up to 50 minutes (and I exceeded 50 minutes).

12. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

I said "product". Product is both hardware and software. Anything produced by them. Of which watchOS would be a product.

13. jkatzman89 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2018 ---
    My issue isn’t the missing “special” badges, but rather Activity Sharing as a whole. During some point with watchOS 4.X.X all Activity Sharing stopped working and all previously shared contacts were removed from my list. I can’t add anyone, no one can add me, doesn’t work for squat. Any fix for that, Apple?!

14. Menopause macrumors 6502a

Menopause

Part of what you said is definitely true: Apple's quality control has been beyond crap in the last couple of years.

15. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

I've actually taken a look at it and there hasn't really been an increase in reported issues in recent years. Current events always stick out in our mind far more than past. The reality is that there are just as many issues with Apple products now as there were when Jobs was still running things. The media certainly makes a FAR bigger deal of even the smallest issue these days too, which makes everything appear bigger than it is.

16. TracerBullet macrumors newbie

So much truth to this. I literally can’t request any person to share activity data with without an error, and when I did have people in my list, all I saw were zeros for their activity numbers. Resetting things per apple’s suggestion of unpairing and repairing meant that I lost all of the activity shares I had completely, and now the feature is worthless because it doesn’t work as promised as a tent pole feature. I care less about the badges, and way more about the challenges with friends and family to encourage healthy behaviors.

17. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I have all of them (everything but the China one)

18. anthonyzp macrumors member

Achievements I earn now don't appear in Activity app on iPhone until I reboot iPhone. Anyone else experiencing this? ie: I'll earn Move Goal 200%, won't show up on iPhone in the Activity app until I reboot iPhone. Running iOS 12 and watchOS 5. Noticed this behaviour when upgraded to iOS 12 and watchOS 5. Anyone else?

19. voidfire macrumors newbie

voidfire

Yes, at last... someone that got the issue like me. Even today I still bugged by this issue. Need to restart the iPhone so the achievements appeared. Using iOS12 and WatchOS 5.0.1. Is anyone has found the way to fix this?

20. anthonyzp macrumors member

Yeh seems to be a bug which hopefully will be resolved in a future update to either iOS or watchOS or both. :)