Missing some email messages iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dgarmaise, Mar 10, 2013.

1. dgarmaise macrumors member

My email account (IMAP) on my iPhone 5 downloads mail from my mail server. The mail on my iPhone should be exactly the same as the mail in my desktop Apple Mail programme since the settings are identical. For some reason, some email messages don't show up on the iPhone mail programme. There does not appear to be any logic as to which ones show up and which ones do not show up. I checked the spam folder on the iPhone; the missing message are not there. Any ideas?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Are you reading/deleting emails from the computer before they have a chance to show on your phone?

3. GoDuke1 macrumors member

Check your settings to make sure sync messages older than "x" days old is set to a desired level . I had to set mine to unlimited to see all the messages.

Settings/Mail, Cal, contacts. go under the account in question and check the setting for "mail days to sync". Any message older than this setting will not show up.

Also check to see how many recent messages to show. Lowest is 50

4. dgarmaise thread starter macrumors member

Lelisa, some messages that show on my desktop computer as having been read show up in the mail app on the iPhone, others do not. Similarly, some messages that don't show as not having been read show up on the iPhone while other do not. So no clues there. GoDuke, I set the number of recent messages to 100 (from 50) and that changed nothing. I don't see where to set sync messages more than x days old.

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Is this a recent development? Have you successfully used Mail on this iPhone or a previous iPhone? Your situation is indeed puzzling.

6. maxosx macrumors 68020

Calling Apple or visiting an Apple Store may help