Missing Songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nata1ie, Jul 24, 2012.

1. nata1ie macrumors newbie

For some reason, some songs are not showing up in my iTunes on my iPhone. When I drag them to my iPhone from my computer, they show up in the music list (for my iPhone), but when I try to listen to them, they are not in my iTunes. I have tried deleting them and putting them back on, putting them on one at a time, and renaming them. I have even deleted a bunch of apps to make more room - even though I have plenty. The songs are also not locked. I have tried everything I can think of. Can someone please help? Thanks :apple:

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

What are the formats of the files? The supported formats are AAC (and Protected and HE), MP3 (and VBR), Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Are the songs "checked off" to be synced?

If you are not "Manually manage music and videos," check the "Music" tab in the Devices section (when your iPhone is connected to iTunes) to see if the playlist and artists are selected.

3. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Make sure you click on the Sync button before you eject your iPhone in order to apply the changes made (i.e. the addition of these tracks via the drag/drop).

4. nata1ie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for you for your responses. The songs are mp3 format and are checked to be synced. I ended up deleting the original songs and then redownloading the album. So far that has worked.