Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3gskingg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2010
Okay so I have an iPhone 3GS on 4.1. I jailbroke a month ago and was enjoying a new theme and stuff. Anyways, I don't see HOW this would have caused my stock apps to disappear, but I think I know it IS what did - I was SSH-ing some themes into my iphone via Iphone Explorer and I left it all open for a couple hours not using it, then when I tried to put a theme in Iphone Explorer the program was Not Responding. So I clicked "End Now" and it closed. I wasn't even in the folder with the stock apps, but then when i checked my phone I'm missing about 8 stock apps!

I then just figured I would restore so I went to iTunes and clicked restore but then while it was trying to verify with apple I got the error "This iphone could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred. (3194)"

I can't access my messages, phone, ipod, or app store, because they are not there anymore! I went back into iPhone Explorer to check and they are gone from the Applications.

How can I restore my iPhone or is there anywhere I can get backups to these stock apps that I can SSH in?

PLEASE HELP ME! I really hope I didn't mess up too bad, I can't believe this =/

wtfisarobo

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2011
i need help too!

i did the same thing. i have a new iphone 4 that i just bought yesterday from verizon. i was manually installing a theme and now my stock apps are gone. i'm panicing because theres no solution anywhere. i can't restore because in cydia theres an option that says something along the lines of: trick apple into thinking your software is up to date so when you need a new one it wont take. so everytime i go to restore, it just downloads the software (which takes forever) and wont go any further.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! i just got it yesterday :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.