Missing Sync and AppZapper Problem: Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by farmerku, May 30, 2008.

1. farmerku macrumors regular

farmerku

So I installed The Missing Sync application to connect my blackjack cell phone to my mac though I only used it for the trial period. I was ready to remove it so I sent it over to AppZapper to be removed. It is mostly gone though I still have a MissingSync Icon in my toolbar at the top of my screen?

How do I remove this?

Thanks everybody you guys are really helpful!

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I can't remember (someone else help out here) but like hold down command then click and drag it off the menu bar. Something like that.

Unsure why it's still there. I use Missing Sync religiously so it doesn't bother me and have never removed it.

Remeber to emtpy your trash after AppZapper as OS X will still use files even if they are in trash.

Command + Click Emtpy will (again I could be wrong on the key combo) empty files in use in trash can that won't remove normally.

Once you get it off your menu bar I would do a finder search for any remaining files that didn't get cleaned up by appzapper.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

what do you mean by toolbar? Apple bar on the top? If that, use CMD+drag the icon off.

4. farmerku thread starter macrumors regular

farmerku

Yes the apple bar at the top. I used the CMD + drag option and it didn't work. It just brought up the drop down menu that it provides. I was using the AppZapper demo and now that I am having this issue I wild definitely not be purchasing the full version. This is the second program I have had issues with not all elements being removed.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Here's a few TS items you didn't mention if you tried so I'll mention them.

Finder - Search for any 'markspace' or 'missingsync' items and delete
    Trash - empty it, make sure it completely empties
    relog or reboot - just to ensure all is gone
    account settings - check your user and your startup items, and make sure nothing missingsync related is there (select and hit the minus button)
    relog or reboot - just to ensure all is gone again

6. farmerku thread starter macrumors regular

farmerku

7. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Great advice. Your steps above are what worked for me.